Sadly, we live in an opioid epidemic and overdoses are still a leading cause of injury-related death in the United States.
With that being said, San Diegans can obtain the medication Narcan, for free at several location around the county… and you can get it with no questions asked.
If you are unaware of what Narcan is for, it can quickly reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. It is administered when sprayed into a person’s nose. This is just a temporary treatment and the effects don’t last long so it is important to still get the person to the hospital. And 7 San Diego County Public Health Centers offer the medication for no charge and no questions asked:
- Chula Vista: 690 Oxford Street
- El Cajon: 855 E. Madison
- Escondido: 606 East Valley Parkway
- Oceanside: 104 S. Barnes
- San Diego, City Heights: 5202 University Avenue
- San Diego, Logan Heights: 3177 Oceanview Boulevard
- San Diego, Kearny Mesa: 5055 Ruffin Road